Your bedroom should be treated as one of the essential parts of your home. It is a special place where you retreat after working hard. Your bedroom is also where you spend most of your time sleeping and relaxing. To make sure that you are comfortable inside your bedroom at all times, it is your responsibility to keep it clean and organized.
Aside from making your bed after waking up, you also have to get rid of dust and dirt. Apart from doing these things, you also have to make sure that your San Mateo bedroom furniture collection is well taken care of. In this article, you will learn more about the essential tips on how to take good care of your bedroom furniture and make it last for a long time.
How to properly clean wooden bedroom furniture
Cleaning furniture that is made from wood is relatively easy to do. Even if you have a busy work schedule, you can clean your furniture two or three times a week.
- Make sure that the top surface of cabinets and dressers is free from clutter.
- Use a soft damp cloth for wiping the furniture and remove any traces of dust and dirt that are visible.
- After dust removal, make sure to use a special furniture conditioner to prevent dust from settling. It also makes wood look shiny and new.
What to do to make sure that wooden furniture is properly taken care of
- Keep any wooden furniture away from direct sunlight. If you have a dresser, bedside table, or a portable drawer, move them to a different place. Exposure to heat can cause the varnish to fade in just a few months.
- Do not put hot and cold drinks directly on top of your wooden furniture. Doing this will result in ugly ring marks and discoloration. It is best to use coasters for your glasses and coffee mugs at all times.
- Use a tablecloth before putting things and accessories on top of the furniture to prevent ugly marks and cause early fading. If you are not into tablecloths, make sure to rearrange your things now and then.
- There are certain types of wood that are sensitive to heat, cold, and moisture. Maintain room temperature because if not it can cause the material to get brittle over time.
What are the proper maintenance tips to make wooden furniture last longer?
- Moisture can leave ugly white marks on wood furniture. Make sure to get rid of them by using a blow dryer.
- Use home products like rubbing alcohol, toothpaste or baking soda mixed with water to remove stubborn moisture stains.
- Do not forget to buy packets of silica gel and place them inside the cabinets to prevent moisture build-up, which also causes damage to your personal belongings.
Lastly, make sure to protect your wooden furniture from scratches and external damage by applying commercial products.