The past few years have seen rapid advancements being made in the field of sustainable energy solutions. Everything from solar energy to wind, water, and nuclear is being considered for mainstream adoption.
In recent years, solar energy has taken quite a substantive lead in terms of home and commercial use. With the costs of investment in panels, energy storage, and conductors coming down, many private homeowners, as well as businessmen, are looking towards solar.
In this beginner’s guide, we seek to create a comprehensive document that would look to cover the following-
- Solar Rooftop Installations: what you need to know
- Benefits of Using Solar Energy for your home or business
- Important things you need to be aware of before installing rooftop solar panels
- Challenges of working with solar energy for everyday consumption
If you are a homeowner or a businessman looking to optimize your power consumption and want a sustainable and responsible energy solution, you should pay attention. If you are looking for the credible installation of solar panels on your rooftop, visit our site.
Solar Rooftop Installations: What you need to know
If you have recently taken a drive across any American neighborhood, you would have seen dark glass-like panels installed on the rooftops of houses. The same goes for when you visit industrial complexes and parks.
What you have seen are solar rooftop panels that absorb the sunlight and process them into an energy form. It should be pointed out that they are not the complete apparatus. That includes conductors, motors, and solar storage solutions (which is a kind of machine).
Solar panels are placed at an angle that helps in receiving adequate sunlight. They are composed of-
- Solar Cells
Experts suggest that there are three major sizes when it comes to solar panels. These are-
- 48 Cell Solar Energy Panel: this is best for residential houses
- 60 Cell Solar Energy Panel: this is roughly the average size that many go for
- 72 Cell Solar Energy Panel: this is best for largescale factories and industries
Top 5 Benefits of Solar Energy by Installing Rooftop Solar Panels
In this section, we are going to shed some light on the benefits or advantages of solar energy that can be received by installing rooftop solar panels-
1. Affordable and Cost-Effective
If you have been paying attention to the increase in electricity bills, you would understand what we are referring to. Energy prices, especially thermal energy is soaring. While we are increasing the use of energy consumption, the prices for the same are also going up. Solar energy, since it is free (in some ways) can offer a low-cost and affordable solution.
2. Environmentally Responsible Thing to Do
Installing rooftop panels says a lot of things. For starters, it shows that you are ready to do everything possible to save your planet. It also shows that you are someone who believes in technology and the wonders it can do to help our cause against Global Warming. Using solar energy is one of the most responsible things one can do for the environment.
3. Long Life and Zero Maintenance
Industry-leading rooftop solar panels come with a warranty of 20-25 years. By any standard, that is an incredible length of time. Major manufacturers also give a warranty on the power output. When you take into consideration maintenance and service costs, which are negligible, you will realize that this is the best way when it comes to using energy.
4. Easy Installation Process
There have been rapid advancements that have been made in solar energy solutions. It is no longer a time-consuming or labor-intensive process. An expert technician from a credible company can get the set-up done for you in the least possible time. You do not have to wait for weeks on end to struggle through the installation process.
5. Better Power Flow and Long Life of Appliances
Many experts have pointed out that since solar energy solutions can be individualized, you are no longer connected to the central power grid. This means that issues, troubles, and problems of the central power generating company are not going to affect your home. This leads to independence in terms of power consumption and allows you access to continuous power.
Important Things to Note before Installing Rooftop Solar Panels
Installing rooftop solar panels is by far the best way to generate easy solar energy in your home or in the factory. However, there are some things that you need to pay attention to before installing rooftop solar panels-
- The condition of the roof matters a lot. If the roof is in a dilapidated condition, you would first be required to fix the roof. Bear in mind, that rooftop solar panels have a life of 20-25 years. Reinstallation can be a costly affair.
- The shape and direction of the roof matter a lot. Many experts suggest that a sloping roof between 10 degrees and 30 degrees allows for the water to not stagnate. In addition, you also need to ensure that the roof faces the sun and is not shaded in a major way.
- It is important that individuals looking to go for installing rooftop solar panels do research on the vendor. Check for experience, certifications, and pricing. Read online reviews and take quotations from multiple vendors before deciding on the final one.
Challenges of Working with Solar Energy
While there are a number of benefits and positives of solar energy, it would be important to mention some of the challenges as well.
Experts point out that people that stay in regions, which experience more than 200 days of sunlight can go for solar energy without much thought. However, what happens if you stay further up north?
Scandinavian countries and others in the Northern Hemisphere do not receive a lot of sunlight throughout the year. For such regions investing in solar energy might not be such a good option.
As compared to more traditional models of power and energy, the first-time costs of setting up solar energy solutions might be expensive. Yes, you will be able to make up for it in the long run. However, you cannot deny the huge expenditure you will have to make at the installation stage.