Do you love to try every kind of cookies available in the market? If yes, try something from Italian cuisine too. Italy is heaven for bakers because almost every Italian dish comes out of the oven. Cookies have a special place in our hearts because they have become an integral part of evening coffee. Moreover, kids also love cookies very much. How about baking them in your kitchen? You don’t need to attain professional baker level skills for the preparation of appetizing and authentic Italian cookies. Here we are mentioning some tested recipes that require some ingredients and your dedication only. Leave the remaining hassle on these recipes.
Authentic Italian chocolate cookies
Cookie and chocolate is a great combination of flavors and similar texture that no one can resist. If you manage to bake them in Italian style, consider the perfection level has attained. Don’t worry, this easy recipe is going to help you during the entire baking session. Scroll down to gain complete information.
- A purpose floor – 3 Cups
- Chopped walnuts – ½ Cups
- Unsweetened chocolate – 1 Ounce
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ¼ th Cup
- Softened butter – 1 Cup
- Hot Milk – ¼ th Cup
- Confectionary sugar – 2 Cups
- White sugar – ¾ th cup
- Baking powder – 4 Teaspoons
- Vanilla extract – 2 Teaspoons
Apart from vanilla extract, the rest of the ingredients must be already available in your kitchen. Let’s proceed to the baking process.
Directions to prepare
- Take a large mixing bowl, add flour, white sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder to it.
- Add this dry mixture in a blender along with your butter, milk, vanilla and walnuts to mix thoroughly as a dough. Make sure it must not be sticky.
- For preparing cookies, use a teaspoon to measure the dough size. Roll it with hands to make small balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees C and put your cookie balls inside.
- Keep on baking these balls for the next 10 minutes at the same temperature until they turn light brown but do not let the texture to turn darker.
- Take the cookies out from the oven and allow them to cool down for a few minutes so that they are ready for chocolate coating.
- Make the chocolate frosting while your cookies are cooling down. Take a heating container, add chocolate, one teaspoon of butter and vanilla each. Also, add two cups of confectionary sugar.
- Melt them on medium heat and gradually add hot milk. Beat this mixture to obtain a rich texture.
- Roll the cookies on chocolate frosting thoroughly and allow to settle properly. There is no need to order Italian cookies online because you already have them in the kitchen.
Some precautions to consider while baking cookies
- Maintain the right consistency in the dough so that the cookies do not spread beyond your expectations.
- Always soften your butter before mixing because hard butter cannot mix thoroughly among the entire flour.
- No matter how well your preparation is, only the right temperature will decide the quality. Cookies need constant temperature. Always preheat your oven as per the given instructions for chocolate cookies or Italian biscotti cookies.
- The frosting is beautiful as well as appetizing too but use them only in limited quantity. Most of the frostings contain excess sugar that may ruin other flavors of your cookies.
This is how you can easily bake authentic Italian cookies at home in easy nine steps. Following the above instructions will make you a pro in baking.