Divinity Original Sin 2 is one of the most well-known games in the genre of tactical RPGs. This game was released in the year 2017 by Belgian Larian Studios. In this game, you play as a customizable character tasked with saving the world from the apocalypse (just like every other RPG).
However, starting your journey in the land of Rivellon can be pretty tricky if you are new to this genre. So, we have this guide for you newbies that will help you understand some of the basic things to remember while playing this game. Therefore, read this article now and get started on your journey to becoming a divine god!
How To Play Divinity Original Sin 2?
Some of the best tips for beginners to play this game are
1. Start With A Default Class
When you start Divinity: Original Sin 2, you are presented with the option to create your character. While you can freely customize the look of your personality and make yourself look either like a royal knight or an undead skeleton lord, they don't matter unless you pick the suitable class with the best Divinity Original Sin 2 builds.
Picking the suitable class for yourself is essential because your gameplay style and approach to combat depending on your class. While there are 14 classes in Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition, we recommend beginners to start with any of the eight default classes:
- Fighter: As the name suggests, fighters deal the most damage using just your trusty sword and shield. Pick this class if you want a sturdy character with significant physical melee damage.
- Knight: Another melee warrior class, Knights are greatsword-wielding warriors that like to swing their sword wide and deal tons of damage. This is great for clearing out crowds of enemies but attacks quite slowly.
- Witch: If you like to poison your enemies from afar and trick the enemies with traps, you cannot go wrong with the witch. With both offensive magic spells and traps at your disposal, you can go for flashy 900iq plays with the witch.
- Wizard: Think of the witch, with her offensive capabilities amped up to 11. Wizards love to chuck fireballs and hurl bolts of lightning from afar. If you like to become the sorcerer supreme, then pick this class.
- Conjurer: If you like playing with friends, then summoning spectral warriors and the undead will seem fun for you. As the name suggests, Conjurers are capable of summoning familiars that do your bidding and also place mystical totems to boost your team's survival skills.
- Enchanter: If you like to control the battlefield from afar, the enchanter is the perfect pick. While not having devastating magic spells, enchanters excel at supporting your other teammates and crippling the enemy's defenses.
- Ranger: If you like to snipe enemies from afar and rain down arrows on a group of enemies, a Ranger is what you are looking for. If you love bows and arrows, then this easy-to-play character is perfect for you.
- Rogue: If you want to be a stealthy ninja assassin from a hidden village, then it's time for you to go Rogue. Wear your hoodie and use your daggers to sneak up behind an enemy and stab them in the back for an instakill. Become a rogue if you like slitting throats in the cleanest way possible.
You May Also Like This: How To Play The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt? A Complete Guide In 2022
The other hybrid classes in Divinity: Original Sin 2- Definitive Edition - Battlemage, Inquisitor, Cleric, Wayfarer, Metamorph, and Shadoeblade - all require a lot of understanding of the game's combat system to utilize their skills fully. Therefore, we recommend saving these classes for your second playthrough.
2. Examine Dead Bodies For Loot
Examining dead bodies after you have committed genocide on them is essential to get richer and stronger. Corpses often contain rare loot like weapons and items that you can equip to raise your stats by a few points. Press the Left Alt key to check all the loot available in the area. However, don't be tempted to loot useless items from the ground science they only bloat your inventory space.
3. Manage Your Party
Managing your party is key to surviving the dangers of Rivellon. Always have a diverse party where your other three companions are all from different classes. However, manage your party based on their classes.
It would be best if you always had a healer and support character in your party, along with two primary damage dealers. Also, keep their health up using potions before a fight and manage which perks they get top unlock first to suit your playstyle more.
4. Explore A Lot
Exploring the vast world of Rivellon should be one of your priorities. While doing the main quest is essential, try to explore off the beaten path to find exciting side quests, treasure chests, and unique boss battles waiting for you to discover them in divinity original sin 2 how to get to bloodmoon island. While this game has an autosave function, creating a save file before a major boss fight or in the middle of exploring a complex area will save countless hours of you going through it all over again.
5. Learn Combos
Learning combis is essential because it will determine how your party members act in a fight. Learn how to create devastating spell combos that can neutralize enemies, following it up with your damage dealers to finish them off for good.
6. Save Your Ressurection Scrolls
While your party members might cease to live in the middle of a fight multiple times, try to control the urge to use your resurrection scrolls for brutal wars, like boss battles. They are hard to come by and should be saved for the perfect comeback.
Learn More: Top 7 All-Time NBA Players
7. Use Your Brain, Not Brawn
We know that charging in headfirst into a battle might seem like an excellent idea for many players. However, this does not work in Divinity Original Sin 2. This game forces you to think about fighting your enemy even when you are not in combat. This is because you have a wide variety of weapons and spells in your arsenal that you can use in creative ways to slay your foes. Always think ahead of combat by placing traps at strategic locations to turn the tide in your favor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. Is Divinity Original Sin Good For Beginners?
While the game has a steep learning curve, Divinity Original Sin 2 is suitable for beginners.
Q2. Is It Worth Playing Divinity Original Sin 2?
Divinity Original Sin 2 is a great game that is worth playing.
Q3. Is Divinity Original Sin Better Than 2?
Divinity Original Sin 2 has better gameplay and story than Divinity Original Sin.
Q4. Is Divinity Original 2 Hard?
Yes, Divinity Original Sin 2 is a challenging game at first, but it gets easier as you learn its mechanics more.
Divinity Original Sin 2 is one of the best tactical RPG games ever created. This game requires you to manage a party of ensemble heroes, using their wits and skills to survive the ruthless world of Rivellon. Thinking strategically ahead of combat is key here, along with learning new tricks every step of the way. This game gets better playing the more you play and experiment with builds, weapons, and combos. After all, becoming a divine god is no mere feat.
If you liked this article, read about other games in our blog and share them with your other gamer buddies!