sagnika sinha, 2 days ago
The first seven days of August are celebrated as the World Breastfeeding Week every year. Throughout this week global campaigns are set to spread awareness about breastfeeding and the advantages of breastfeeding. These campaigns aim to encourage women to breastfeed and help improve the health of children around the globe.
This reason for celebrating this week was recommended by WHO and UNICEF in 1990 in the month of August. WHO and UNICEF together created the Innocenti Declaration that recommends mothers must breastfeed for two years of the child’s life.
Breastfeeding helps build immunity for the child along with helping the mother remain healthy. It also helps babies sleep better, get all proper nutrients to grow and mother’s lose weight.
The theme for 2023 World Breastfeeding Week, “Enabling breastfeeding: making a difference for working parents.” This theme has been set by the WABA or World Alliance for breastfeeding Action. Here are a few wonderful quotes on breastfeeding which you can share with your family and friends to raise awareness on breastfeeding.
Quotes On Breastfeeding:
1. “Breastfeeding is a mother’s gift to herself, her baby and the earth.” —Pamela K. Wiggins.
2. “My favorite sound is right before a baby latches on; it’s this giggle of joy that is heaven sent.” —Karalynn.
3. “I lost most of my weight from breastfeeding, and I encourage women to do it. It’s just so good for the baby and good for yourself.” —Beyonce Knowles.
4. “Breastfeeding is an instrumental metaphor for how love works. In a way, you don’t decide how much and how deeply to love – you respond to the beloved and give with joy exactly as much as they want.” —Marni Jackson.
5. “The natural power of breastfeeding is one of the greatest wonders of the world. It is about real love. It is about caring and celebrating the wondrous joy of nurturing a new life. Also, it is about enjoying being a woman.” —Anwar Fazal.
6. “Nursing does not diminish the beauty of a woman’s breasts; it enhances their charm by making them look lived in and happy.” —Robert A. Heinlein
7. “While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby.” —Amy Spangler.
“It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.” —Honoré de Balzac
8. “No one could give her such soothing and sensible consolation as this little three-month-old creature when he lay at her breast, and she felt the movement of his lips and the snuffling of his tiny nose.” —Leo Tolstoy9. “Children don’t just get milk from breastfeeding, they get our energy too.” —Stephen Gaskin.