The BMW is a luxury car and thus the servicing of this car at the required intervals is extremely important. This is one car where the owner has total clarity of the servicing as there are specific indications on the car itself. All that is required is keeping a watch on the alerts on the dashboard for the service requirements. You can avail different service packages provided by BMW services and you can also contact the dealer in this regard. Even you can find out the service details on the car manual also.
The BMW Service Indicators:
To make it simpler, we list what the service indicators in a BMW include.
CBS (Condition Based Servicing):
The CBS tends to monitor the components of the BMW in the newer models for any wear and tear. In case of any component not being up to the mark, the CBS icon which is relevant is displayed.
SII (Service Internal Indicator):
The Service Internal indicator tracks the requirements for servicing based on the mileage of the specific BMW. To ensure you have a smooth-running BMW it is advisable to follow the advice of your chosen mechanic. In this case, you can find this service indicator or servicing schedules on your car blue book and you need to maintain the same by hiring reputed BMW service only.
The Main Service Packages for a BMW:
- Within the first sixty days, once you have registered your BMW, you can opt for the BMW services that cover many service items. Manufacturing company prescribes the first service schedule within 10,000 km or five years.
- The next available option is the Service Inclusive Plus which covers the discs, brake pads and also the clutch and car body parts.
- The extended warranty is the third category which offers you the claiming rights for the defects in the vehicle within two years where the costs of repairs are covered by the mileage coverage.
Service for Older BMW:
For real value for the money spent you have a different set of BMW services available. Vehicles which are older than four years have a package that includes services and repair of parts at fixed prices. The parts which are used are original by the manufacturer. You need to spend the cost of these spare parts and the BMW service will replace the damaged spare parts with new parts. They will also provide you limited warranty on these parts and they do not charge you any additional service charges. But it is always suggested to check their terms and conditions of these service packages before you sign because there are elimination categories listed in these agreements which will not cover in the respective service package.
Why is BMW Servicing Important?
- Regular servicing can diagnose small problems which can be fixed easily. Delaying this tends to damage your car further and you can save your future expenses.
- With essential checks carried out during the servicing of your BMW you are assured of the safety factor. Your vehicle is in a condition which is considered as ‘road-worthy’.
- Finally, this habit of getting your BMW serviced regularly is ensuring the longevity of the car. Repairing the damaged parts and replacing what is required definitely keeps your BMW in a better condition. Look for trouble-free driving with regular servicing of your BMW.
So now you can search the nearest BMW service online and you can book an appointment on their official portal. It is suggested to check their license, insurance, and experience before you hire them, and always read their terms and conditions before availing any service package.