The vow renewal is a great way for couples to renew and rejuvenate their marital relationship. Whether done in the presence of close family and friends or in a solitary, private setting at an exotic location in the middle of the ocean, vow renewal gives couples an opportunity to celebrate their lasting bond.
That said, planning and organizing a destination vow renewal at a location hundreds or thousands of miles from home can be tricky, but with the right assistance from the wedding coordinators at your chosen hotel or resort, you can rest assured and delegate the arduous task to those who have the experience and resources to create an unforgettable experience for you.
However, you do need to look into every fine detail and give the right directions to the wedding planning team. Here are some tips you will find useful in planning your dream vow renewal vacation.
- If you’ve been thinking of doing this for a while, it’s never too early to start planning the trip so that you can send invitations in time and prepare for the vacation without having to rush through things last minute. Early planning also ensures that you’ll get much better airfare and accommodation rates for the wedding party, saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the overall cost.
- Choose a location with great weather and then pick a resort that specializes in destination weddings and vow renewal ceremonies and after-parties. This will ensure that the team coordinating your wedding has the know-how to organize the event exactly to your liking.
- Develop camaraderie with the vow renewal coordinator/planner assigned to you. Ask them as many questions as you need, avoid harassing them with calls and messages at odd hours, and let them know that you trust them with the job. This will encourage them to do their best and take care of your special requests.
- Go for an all-inclusive vacation package that covers renewing wedding vows, the reception, luxury accommodation, and a host of inclusions (including tips for waiting for staff) that would otherwise cost you a fortune if paid for separately. This way you’ll save money and know well in advance what you and your guests can expect during your stay.
- Ask the resort to provide a list of services not included in your vacation plan and keep it handy to avoid last-minute surprises in your final bill.
- Check with the resort regarding the usual ingredients of a great wedding/vow renewal party. Ask if they can provide a professional photographer and how much it will cost. Also, check if the in-house salon does wedding make-up and hair styling and if they need to be pre-booked.
- Check what music arrangements are in place for your event and if you can bring your own music. If you intend to hire the in-house disc jockey, ask for a sample playlist and check online reviews to know what to expect.
- Confirm what kind of arrangements the resort has in case it rains during your outdoor celebration. Ask if there are adequate space and staff for the ceremony or reception to be shifted indoors in case of bad weather.
- When purchasing party favors for your guests, pick items that can withstand transport to and from the destination.
- Provide your guests with all the information they’ll need to plan for, reach and enjoy your party. Send save-the-dates at least a couple of months ahead of the event so that your family and friends can plan the trip. Share the itinerary and also the list of free inclusions they can enjoy while at the venue.
- However much you’ll enjoy being with your loved ones on this special occasion, you and your spouse will definitely want some alone time where you can celebrate your reunion in private. Your guests, too, will want some downtime of their own after a hectic day or two of traveling and partying. Build that time into your itinerary so that everyone gets a breather before getting together for yet another party.
- If your guests will bring young children along, pick a child-friendly resort where there will be plenty of activities to keep kids engaged as well as adults-only spots and secluded areas for couples.
- If what you’re planning is a simple vow renewal vacation with just the two of you celebrating your special moment, opt for a private couples’ resort instead of a family resort.
- Above all, keep things simple and uncomplicated. Avoid going overboard with the arrangements and stick with your budget.
Read Also :
- 4 Things you should do to Make Your Relationship Trustful
- 5 Benefits of Marriage Counseling: Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late!