Fleas can be a serious problem for pet owners. Every pet owner dreads the hot months of summer as it causes huge trouble to cats and dogs. One of the most common problems for cats and dogs are fleas. Whenever you bring home a pet, you need to be prepared for the fleas and ticks which will affect the skin of the pet. You cannot avoid the fleas in any case. If you reside in a warmer climate, there will be more trouble for you. Fleas love warm areas. They can bite the pet and annoy them. In addition, fleas also cause a number of health problems if not tackled in time. There are multiple products available in the market which help tackle the issue of fleas, however, it is important to choose products that are suitable for your pet.
Fleas can be prevented by regular treatments and checks on the pet. Fleas can also have an impact on the health of the pet, hence, in order to ensure that the flea does not cause any serious medical condition to the pet; you need to take immediate action. Seek professional help if needed but never ignore the fleas.
Here are five health problems fleas can cause.
- Skin allergies: Flea bites can cause a little bump which will lead to scratching and constant irritation. It may cause swelling of the skin of your pet. Fleas damage the coat of the skin and constantly irritate the pet.
- Hot spots: Constant scratching of the skin could cause hot spots on the pet. These hot spots can burn on the skin of the pet in the hot months of summer. It is important to clean the pet with an anti-bacterial shampoo which will relieve itching and pain.
- Tapeworms: Many times the pet accidentally swallows a flea from chewing his skin and this leads to the development of a tapeworm. They are basically parasites which live in the intestinal tract of the pet and will rob him of his nutrients. It is required to use medication to treat the tapeworms.
- Anemia: Your pet could become anemic from biting fleas since they are blood-sucking parasites. The pet could develop low body temperature or pale gums which could be a sign of anemia. If it is not treated immediately, it could cause serious health complication for the pet and could also be a reason for death. In order to cure anemia, the pet should be given right nutrients, especially vitamins and you must stop the fleas from biting the pet.
- Bartonella infection: This infection can affect cats and dogs. When a pet is bitten by a flea which carries a parasite, it causes the Bartonella infection. The symptoms of the infection include vomiting, fever, diarrhea, and swelling of the lymph nodes. It is a very dangerous infection and requires professional help immediately.
If you understand the health problems caused by fleas, you will be able to deal with them in an appropriate manner. You need to understand the life cycle of fleas and treat your pet accordingly. There are chemical and non-chemical remedies for the same. There is no sure shot solution for the problem of fleas caused to your pet. Advecta3 helps you keep your pet healthy and free from fleas. It offers fast-acting solutions which will help protect the pet from fleas and lice. There are many products which have the same active ingredients used in leading brands. These ingredients help you protect your pet and maintain its health.
You need to consider products based on the weight and age of your pet. The high-quality products are suitable for your pet and will ensure that there is an optimum solution to the trouble caused due to fleas and licks. Fleas can be difficult to get rid of; hence, many pet owners opt for the chemical solution for it. But if you want to ensure that you take care of the fleas in a natural and non-chemical manner, you can choose from the wide range of products available for the pets. The products have ingredients which will kill the fleas and you can then brush them off the skin of your pet. Avoid any long-term health problems to your pet with regular checkup and treatment. You can treat the pet with shampoos if you notice any existence of fleas on their body. Do not overlook the situation as it might put you and your pet into larger trouble in the future.
Read Also :