As per the popular saying goes, “Cleanliness is next to godliness”, every individual must be taught the basics of personal hygiene and cleanliness from childhood to lead a healthy life. There are numerous benefits of adopting good habits and being tidy.
Let’s Take A Look At The Healthy Habits:
Personal hygiene and good health:
Every child is like an open book and the values he is taught during childhood helps build his personality and character. Thus, it is very important to educate the kids about the importance of personal hygiene and cleanliness at an early age.
- Good habits like brushing teeth, bathing, cutting nails, washing hands should be taught to children as lack of these basic hygiene routines may cause several health issues.
- Poor hygiene can lead to skin diseases, stomach problems, gum problems and so on. On the other hand, a child who practices the good habits daily and maintains proper hygiene is less prone to fall prey to health disorders.
Cleanliness and society:
Apart from personal hygiene, every one of us must be careful about the society we belong to. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is not sufficient when we are too careless about the surroundings we live in. We must take good care of cleaning our home and the surrounding area as well. Hiring the best Vancouver cleaning services can be helpful to keep your house and surroundings clean. Regular garbage disposal and sewage cleaning are important to keep diseases at bay.
In fact, we must be responsible towards the society and contribute towards making it cleaner and better. Everywhere we go, be it school, college, university, office, hospital, railway station or anywhere else, we must be careful not to litter around. We must also take initiatives to make our children aware of not throwing garbage on the road and use dustbins. Keeping the society and the country clean is the responsibility of every citizen and a cumulative effort can only make it happen.
Duties of parents and teachers:
The parents and the teachers play an important role in shaping a child’s future. So, it is their duty to teach the children about why cleanliness is important. A child idolizes his parents and teachers so it is important to set good examples for them. This will make them understand the value of maintaining good habits. They must also be made aware of the harmful effects of untidiness.
How To Implement Good Habit From The Start:
There are many ways to convince a child to develop good habits. It is best to implant the good values at a tender age so as they grow the values become permanent in their nature. There are many ways how elders can teach the kids but they need to extremely patient and persistent with their efforts.
- Children get the first education and basic values from their home. So, the parents, elder siblings, and grandparents must take the initiatives to teach them about the importance of hygiene and tidiness. They must encourage the kids to maintain healthy habits and not commit nuisances in public places.
- The kindergartens are the first learning step outside the home for children and the teachers must focus on building the good habits. The teachers can use several techniques and play games to teach the kids about good habits and cleanliness.
- It is important to lead them with perfect examples as most of the time children tend to follow what they see rather than what they hear.
Read Also :