This refers to shielding and protecting your network or computer unnecessary internet traffic that is malicious. Configuring your network and installing firewalls does a great job of restricting certain locations from sending data to your network while allowing data that you want to see through.
This is a service provided by qualified managed security service providers (MSSPs). Today’s business networks normally consist of a combination of traditional Firewalls, cloud-based security controls sourced from various vendors, and next-generation firewalls (NGFWS). You need to ensure that your network remains secure and Applications are running smoothly and work cohesively since various vendors have varying capabilities and use different technological nuances.
When selecting a firm for cloud firewall management, you should ensure that they can integrate with all leading brands seamlessly, which consists of traditional and next-generation firewalls, routers, load balancers, and web proxies, as well as cloud security controls, to deliver through a single pane of glass a unified security policy management. A reputable firm should be able to abstract vendor-specific technologies, allowing you to concentrate and focus on the driving force behind your business.
The Firm should be able to provide unified risk assessment reports, compliance reports, simplify and automate security management throughout your business. They should also be in a position to discover application connectivity requirements and handle the execution of "zero-touch" change.
What should a Cloud firewall management firm be able to do?
- They should be able to generate audit ready-reports instantly for all the main regulations i.e. HIPAA, SOX, and many others.
- Optimize firewall rulesets and proactively be able to access any risk.
- A Firm that can pinpoint and troubleshoot any connectivity issues in the network.
- A Firm that can map out the entire estate of your network security and generate an intelligent live topology map.
- They should be able to manage traditional firewalls and the next generational firewall policy alongside cloud security groups.
- Ensure they can automate hands-free policy push to other devices directly, while also automating the firewall change management process.
The impact of hiring a good cloud firewall management firm can be seen in your enterprise through:
- When your business can avoid any outages and cyber-attacks caused by mis-configured firewalls.
- When you can deliver a safe optimized security policy.
- When your business can changes in the firewall within minutes and not days.
- When you can manage the entire network estate in a single pane of glass.
- When your firewall can ensure continuous compliance and streamline the process of audit preparation.
In this day and age where many people run online businesses and have highly private information that’s stored in digital files and cloud networks, network security is of utmost importance. There have been many cases of hackers demanding ransom by bypassing network securities and holding prominent people and organizations hostage or leaking sensitive information to the public. To avoid such scenarios, ensure that you hire a reputable firm to handle your network security and keep you protected at all times.