Salesforce DX is supposed to be a product meant precisely for App cloud development. It is known to facilitate developers in the creation and management of Salesforce apps using a totally different perspective all through their development lifecycles. Salesforce DX is actually an outstanding platform for boosting productivity levels with a better control and enhanced collaborations.
Salesforce DX was launched because until then the Salesforce platform did not boast of an inbuilt and a really effective version control system. The Salesforce DX would be facilitating the developers in building and releasing newest and cutting-edge features in just a short period of time involving minimal risk.
How Is Salesforce DX Transforming the Scenario?
Salesforce DX is a novel technique for developing and managing apps throughout their whole lifecycle, on the platform of Force.com. It would be bringing together the very best associated with Force.com for enabling source-driven team collaboration, development, and novel agility levels of custom app development on the Salesforce platform. You could avail the services of Salesforce’s most compliant, scalable, intuitive, agile, and secure app delivery platform such as Flosum.com for perfect Salesforce solutions.
Some of the highlights of Salesforce DX are:
- You could use your favorite developer tools, your way. Salesforce DX would allow you to use the tools you are already familiar with.
- You could Migrate or even Import existing source.
- Developers now are able to apply seamlessly the best practices of software development.
- Metadata and source code are existing outside the org thus, providing far more agility for developing Salesforce apps very much in the desired team environment.
- Version Control System or VCS is actual source of truth and not the Org.
- Salesforce DX has a robust CLI or command-line interface that would be effectively eliminating the complexity of using your Salesforce.
- It boasts of the org for not only development but also, delivery and continuous integration.
- It offers configurable, versatile, and flexible scratch organs that are built for automated environments and development. This sort of orgs is great for building packages and apps.
- You could be using a text editor or IDE with the externalized source and CLI or Command Line Interface.
How Does Salesforce DX Actually Work?
Salesforce DX has been built by using the actual characteristics or features of Heroku Flow and Force.com and also, some more enhancements. DX would actually be operating by using the effective migration tool from the platform of Force.com for retrieving and pushing metadata operations straight into an Org. DX would be functioning by seamlessly integrating the automatic functions and manual actions for creating simple workflows.
Striking Salesforce DX Features :
- Test Runner
- Source Sync
- Scratch Orgs
- Salesforce CLI or the Command Line Interface
- Continuous Integration
- All-New Force IDE having DX support
Salesforce DX’s most outstanding feature is the Scratch orgs. Developers are truly excited about the Scratch orgs as they can speedily create brand new orgs just using the JSON configuration and the command. It is really compatible with the branch workflow. Now developers would be effectively branching their feature, creating a Scratch org, then deploying and developing it. They have the liberty to delete it after completion. You could effectively manage by simply automating it by applying the CLI commands.