These days there are so many social media channels available it can become quite a process to make a decision on which social media marketing strategy is right for your business. Apart from there being many social media marketing options available, they are constantly evolving. Keeping this in mind there is a definite need to keep up to date with the latest developments, to achieve this it’s a great idea to complete a social media course.
Connecting with on the web
There are many reasons for marketing online, however, two main reasons stand out and they are to improve your conversion rate and build brand awareness. Choosing what social media marketing is right for your business is, therefore, a cornerstone of your digital marketing strategy.
Today’s web is a cluttered place and so having a great concept and amazing content just isn’t enough to market your brand online. Choosing the right social media marketing route is essential to avoid wasting time and precious budget.
Each social media platform has a wide variety of social media tools available to help you get the most out of your social media marketing. There are also paid social media options to bring your posts to the front of the queue. Developing an effective social media marketing strategy will amplify your advertising online.
Social media platforms
As a business, you need to understand what kind of social media platform will best suit the interests of your business. This is where a good and credible social media agency will be able to help you. For example, if you are a food brand, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and other visually rich social platforms are where your target audiences are likely to be.
There are many types of social media platforms available nowadays, and although they are similar, each has different offerings to enhance your marketing. The main social media sites are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
However, smaller, more niche social media platforms are available, hence the need to undertake adequate research on what social media marketing site is right for your business.
So how do you know which social media platform your business should be on?
Spending too much time marketing on the wrong social media platform for you can result in the failure of your social media marketing strategy.
Social media marketing is time-consuming and takes a lot of dedication, long-term investment, and creative copy. A great place to start is to determine what your overall goals are for your social media marketing campaign. Secondly, decide who is your target audience. These two points are a clever way to start focusing on which way to take your social media marketing. It’s also important to take into consideration whether you are a B2B or B2C company.
Social media platforms at a glance
Here is are a few straight forward explanations about the main social media sites, but keep in mind that you will need to do more research on each of them or perhaps complete a social media course to learn more about them and what they offer.
- Facebook – This is the largest social media site. Marketing on Facebook includes users to create a profile, post status updates, share posts, and upload images and videos.
- Instagram – The sharing of photos and videos is what drives this social media platform. The videos are up to 15 seconds long.
- Twitter– Twitter allows users to send and read short 140 character messages which are called ‘Tweets’.
- YouTube – A video-based social media site that allows users to discover, watch, share, and upload videos, which is a powerful tool to showcase your business.
- LinkedIn – Being a business-based social media platform, LinkedIn enables users to build their professional profile and stay in touch with industry professionals as well as discover career opportunities.
What’s the point of measuring?
Each social media platform affords the user the ability to measure the results of your social media campaigns on their site. This gives you powerful feedback and is crucial when deciding what social media marketing is right for your business.
Embarking on a targeted social media campaign on any of the social media sites allows you to effectively measure how well your campaign was received by analyzing the campaign results.
Analyzing your campaign allows you to:
- Track the number of social media interactions so that you can see whether your target audience liked your post or not.
- Determine the number of people who have come across your post.
- See the number of positive and negative mentions in your post.