The biggest and probably the greatest thing that you should know about Huawei’s Watch 3 is the fact that it is one of the first devices from the Chinese tech giant that has rolled out with the Harmony OS.
There is a lot of talk regarding Huawei’s new operating system. While Lite OS was good, it was not good enough to take on the big boys, Wear OS (Google) and Watch OS (Apple). There is a lot of excitement for the huawei watch3 in the industry.
In this review article, we take a close look at the Huawei Watch 3. We look at what works in its favor, where it needs improvements, and how it stacks up against the likes of other bigger platers dominating the smartwatch ecosystem.
Huawei Watch 3: Stunning Looking Smartwatch
Huawei has gone shopping as far as the looks of the Watch 3 are concerned. No matter which angles you look at it from, you get the impression that you are looking at and holding a high-end device.
The construction is polished, the choice of materials (steel, ceramic, and leather) is excellent, and there is a sense of experience every time you steal a glance.
What makes the Watch 3 to the next level has to be the display. Huawei has gone with a 1.43-inch AMOLED display. The pictures are crisp, deep, and inky. The resolution stands at a handsome 466x466 pixels.
Please bear in mind that Huawei is sticking to the circular screen. The thing is, we quite like it. I think it bestows upon the Watch 3 a certain maturity that suits the black or brown leather strap options you get with it. Additionally, you get buckles and not clasps. Great Huawei!
Another standout feature of Watch 3 is the ‘Crown’. It looks something traditional but operates smartwatch functions. For example, if you tap on it one time, you will be able to open the App Launcher. If you rotate the crown, you will be able to browse through the screens and options.
What makes it great is that Huawei has tried to add some kind of haptic feedback to the crown. This is a classy touch with improves the engagement and intuitiveness of the device.
Huawei Watch 3: Some Fitness Features that make it great
In this section, we are going to mention some of the top fitness features that make Watch 3 a smartwatch for the fitness conscious-
- You get everyday wellbeing tools and apps like step counters, distance covered tracker, calories burned, etc.
- The Watch 3 also comes with an in-built SP O2 Monitor that helps you analyze your oxygen saturation levels.
- There is also software that tracks your heart rate. This is a useful device, especially for individuals that have a heart condition.
- You also have location tracking and the watch comes with an in-built GPS navigation. This is something that helps you with location and directions.
- The battery backup is handsome and you can easily get a week’s worth of use from the Watch 3 without breaking a sweat.
The Harmony OS: Is it as good as its competitors?
The truthful answer should be that the Harmony OS is a work in progress. It is smooth as silk and is a natural fit for the Watch 3.
The reason why we say this is the fact that it does not have as many apps when you compare it to Watch OS or Wear OS. You are also limited from using third-party apps.
However, Huawei is currently working on these and we are sure that they will be able to address these issues sooner rather than later.
The Harmony OS is a mammoth step in the right direction for Huawei over Lite OS. They need to tweak a few things to enable the software to support the powerful hardware that the Watch 3 comes with.
The Bottom Line
Huawei’s Watch 3 is one of the great smartwatches. It is slick, well-made, boasts powerful hardware, and runs the new Harmony OS. If you are in the market for a mature-looking smartwatch that combines both form and functionality then the Watch 3 is a no-brainer choice. If you have any doubts or would like us to address any questions that you might have on the smartwatch, please let us know in the comments below.
- Tudor Black Bay- A Giant from the Luxury Swiss Watch Brand
- What Makes Swiss Made Watches So Special?
- 5 Most Aesthetic Wrist Timepieces for Men
- Wear a Luxury Watch During a Business Meeting
- Huawei Watch Fit: 5 Reasons This Can Be Your First Smartwatch
- Is Huawei Band 6 The New King Of Budget Fitness Tracker Bands?