A leaderplays an extremely crucial role in any type of business organization. Without them, it would be inconceivable for a business to establish its goals and objectives, let alone reach them. It is for this reason that these individuals possess not only the skill sets and knowledge required to traverse the technicalities of running a business but also the unique traits which make them fit for the title of “leader”.
But what exactly defines a successful business leader? We all know that, as entrepreneurs, business owners tend to wear many hats. With a wide range of responsibilities to fulfill- from marketing and business development to accounting and logistics – it is sufficed to say that business leaders are the one that oversees all aspects of their organization.
However, they should not be mistaken as managers, since the latter has a different role and purpose in a business organization. Business leaders serve a very special purpose that separates them from the pack. If you’re quite unsure if you are a business leader or not, here are questions that you can ask yourself to test your growth as a business leader.
- Are you doing fewer things, but the less that you do matters a whole lot more?
- Is your organization less reliant on you today than it was years ago?
- Are you honing your next generation of leaders to be strong, capable business leaders for your company?
- Do you consult your people about their consensus about the decisions you’re making in your company, instead of just reactively solving their problems and doing their work for them?
If your answers to all these questions are yes, then you are really growing as a business leader. In fact, you may already have the traits that make you fit for the role. While there is no universal blueprint that makes a great and successful leader, they do share a few common likenesses in how they interpret and handle situations.
To better understand this topic, we’ve listed down the key takeaways from the infographic below from Healthy Business Builder which discuss the critical traits of impressive business leaders.
- Great Listening Skills.
- Great Decision-Making Skills
- Knows How to Move Forward Gracefully
- Leverages Networks
- Strong Desire to Reach the Next Level
- Emotionally Stable
- Powerfully Passionate
- Finding the Right Job in the Right Field (Infographic)
- Professional Etiquette for Jobseekers and Recruiters (Infographic)
- Types of Bathrooms (Infographic)